It's a new day and age. And just as things around us are constantly changing so are the ways we're meeting our hot dates and life partners. Tinder, the dating app taking over our iPhones is a great way to meet fellow suitors, but A LOT of us are still struggling with our Tinder game.
So don't worry about the 'how you met' story just yet - you need to find Mr. Right first. From narrowing your radius to ditching the bikini pics here are some top tips on how to control the power of his swipe.
1. Sort out your profile pictures. (No blurry pics please.)
2. Please stalk the sh*t out of him.
Every girl needs to do her due diligence, which means you should always stalk their Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feeds. You never know, he could be a psycho.
3. Get the order right.
Here's the deal. Hottest photo first and most realistic photo last. Yay or nay? He decides.
4. You have a mutual friend with him...
Get on Facebook and search through their pics! You gotta suss them out - you may find something interesting.
5. And if you end up meeting...
Make sure you NEVER to tell your 'mutual friend' about the date. It's a Tinder rule.
6. If he messages you saying...
‘Hello, how are you?,' just message him back! Too predictable? It's much more appropriate than this. (Unless you’re DTF, obviously.)
7. Message him in the morning.
Stuck in traffic, on the bus, on a train. We’ve all got time for a chat then.
8. But never message him when you're...
Blind drunk. Otherwise, you'll blow it.
9. Do swipe right if you’re not having any luck.
Nothing’s worse than no matches (after sifting through half the country).
10. Because you never want to see this...
11. It's a good idea to share a picture of you...
...that shows your interests. Do you like traveling, running, volleyball? Share it with the Tinder world.
12. Post more than one photo!
One is never enough even if you're the sexiest human being ever.
13. Use Snapchat.
Snapchat is a great tool to catch out a catfish.
14. If he's a creep, pervert or looks like this. Ditch him.
15. Meeting for drinks is a brilliant first date.
Alcohol always breaks the ice.
16. Let him pay on the first date.
Duh. Any decent guy would pay. Put your money away girl.
17. Lay off the bikini pics. Some guys might think you're an easy lay.
18. Don’t post your tits on Tinder.
Come on, you're better than that!
19. Don't fake it.
Please don't alter your photographs. Ever. You're gorgeous just the way you are.
20. Best to avoid this guy...
21. When you get a match, never message him first.
If he's THAT interested he'll message you, if not, fugget about it.
22. If you decide to message him anyway at least wait.
That double vibration is a sign of 'god she’s desperate'. True story.
23. Unless you're a baby mama don't EVER post a photo with a baby.
24. Learn how to spell.
Learn the difference between 'you' and 'you’re'. Men like intelligent women.
25. Don’t pose with a bottle of Belvedere.
It's not really the first impression he's looking for. #belvederewanker
26. Be street wise. If he's a serial killer, you're screwed.
27. Cut the sh*t.
If there's one thing Tinder's lacks it's down to earth peeps. OTT flirting and showing off have to go. Be real.
28. Tinder loads up the people who've already liked you first.
So keep you're eyes peeled! They're worth considering.
29. Put your height in the tagline if you’re short or tall. Boys ask too.
30. Professional pictures are for...
Douche bags only, cheers.
31. Tinder is addictive. We never know when to stop.
If you're in a Tinder trance make a rule that when you come across the next person who shares an interest or mutual friend with you it's time to call it a night.
32. Don’t post group photos. Guys don't like to guess.
33. Don’t write RIP in your headline.
Sorry, but it's AWKWARD.
34. It’s Saturday night, it's 5 o'clock and everyone is busy.
Edit your radius settings to one mile and SWIPE LIKE HELL. Evening sorted.
35. Don’t join Tinder if you’re married or in a relationship.
36. If you like him, move it off Tinder to Whatsapp.
And keep him off Tinder for good!
37. Beware of Tinder Spam-Bots.
They're real. They're legit. And it could happen to you.
38. Beware that he may not be the age he claims to be.
39. Childhood photos are...
LAME. No one cares. Save it for Facebook.
40. When stumbling upon an ex...
Always swipe right (just to see if you match) and immediately block.
Do you have any more Tinder rules to add? Tweet us @sofeminineUK