10 golden rules for sensual massages
1) Dine lightly beforehand: a light aphrodisiac meal is perfect (oysters, strawberries, champagne...).
2) Heat the room up: 25° is ideal. You're both going to be naked, so you don't want to freeze! If the temperature isn't high enough, your partner's muscles won't relax, his body will tense and he won't get any pleasure out of it.
3) Create a relaxed atmosphere: dim the lights and disconnect the phone so you don't get disturbed. Put on some soft, relaxing background music and burn some essential oils (3 drops of orange blossom to relieve tension, for example).
4) Make yourselves comfy: arrange cushions, warm blankets and soft thick towels on the bed, sofa or floor.
5) Invest in some massage oils: choose relatively fluid, oily ones that slide and don't stick! Avoid chemical paraffin oils: opt for organic plant oils. There's a huge choice of oils out there, from almond and macadamia to apricot kernel and sesame.
6) Remove your jewellery and cut your nails so you don't hurt him! And avoid any scars and varicose veins.
7) Pay attention to his reactions: vary the pressure you apply depending on how much he's enjoying it, and move to the rhythm of his breathing.
8) Vary the techniques you use: light, feather-like movements, rolling and kneading.
9) Share: Take it in turns to massage each other. Erotic massage has to be reciprocal!
10) Use your imagination: You don't have to follow the techniques word for word. Intersperse massage with kisses and gestures of affection.